We - Cafeyn Group
With more than 15 years of existence, Cafeyn Group is a multi-brand company composed of Cafeyn, Blendle, miLibris and Kidjo. Based in France, The Netherlands, UK, Canada and Morocco and almost 200 employees, we propose an innovative media experience through different products.
We want to achieve strong business performance across the Cafeyn Group through organic growth, diversified revenue streams and sustainable profitability. New opportunities are continuously sought by investment both within and outside of the business.
We deliver high-value, high-focus and forward-thinking, premium infotainment
(information & entertainment content) services to our partners and customers, with personalised and relevant content to entertain and educate our audience, broadening their perspective and making them more knowledgeable.
Reporting to the VP of Engineering you will be in charge of the Milibris/Blendle backend by managing the backend team, implementing our roadmap and making sure our architecture remains scalable, performant and easy to maintain. You will be the guardian of the architecture and our best practices: pull requests, code reviews, code coverage, automated tests, continuous integration, continuous delivery.
You will be part of a fast growing R&D team composed of 55 experienced mobile, front-end, back-end, Data and QA Engineers. The technical team is at the center of our strategy and the cornerstone of our success, working on a day-to-day basis with all the other teams. You will coordinate all the topics the team is currently working on and give the team precise and achievable although ambitious objectives.
Experienced in large-scale architectures, in Python & Golang, you have a very good working knowledge of Google Cloud Platform environment as well as tools like Github, Sentry, Kubernetes, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Redis,… and other productivity tools. Knowledge of AWS, Azure is a plus as well as dotnet5/6, Ruby, Kafka, SQL Server, Docker...
You have both international experience and experience of distributed teams.
Knowledge of digital publishing is a plus. You will oversee the technological documentation of the backend and cloud infrastructure. As a tech-lover and with outstanding communication skills, you will be able to promote the technology we have for our customers, our partners and our employees. We are looking to establish the role of Backend Engineering Manager. You will work closely with our VP of Engineering, Florent.
- Organise, coordinate, and manage the backend teams on 2 products (5 engineers), and ensure they know and deliver to the highest standards according to our strategic priorities
- Manage the platform operations: scalability & high availability, security, third level support, quality assurance and optimize costs
- Be responsible of the backend / cloud architecture and the technical backlog
- Ensure Quality: code quality (coding rules, style, naming comments, unit tests), CI/CD, automated testing and fast resolution of issues
Who are we looking for?
You have come to the right place if you have
- You have several years of experience as Engineering Manager
- The Agile method and its set of practices have no secret for you. You master the management, the technology and the methods to develop a product and an application from the code to the production (documentation, versioning, builds, tests, integration, deployment...)
- You have strong knowledge in Architecture, Cloud with GCP, Python, Go, Ruby, Kubernetes and APIs
- You speak fluent English
Ideally you also
- Have knowledge in dotnet, docker, AWS, SQL
- have experience in digital publishing and as well scalable international systems.
- Screening interview Jeanne our TA
- Interview with Florent our VP Engineering
- Technical test
- Interview with Mark our CTPO
You don’t have to match all the requirements, if you feel this offer could be a great opportunity for you, reach out anyways! We hire based on talent and we promote inclusivity inside Cafeyn and strongly believe that our culture is strongest when it is the most diverse.